Festival à la Carte
May 20 – June 20, 2004
Throughout cities in Java and Bali
Bandung, Cirebon, Tegal, Purwokerto, Semarang, Kudus, Magelang, Yogyakarta, Solo, Surabaya, Malang
Bali: Pemuteran, Tabanan, Gianyar
Organized by JakArt
In collaboration with Local Partners in every city.
Music, Dance, Theatre, Visual Arts, Architecture with workshops
and other educational activities.
150 local and international artists with the support of 40 committed volunteers and crew.
The Arts can touch the heart of man, giving him the inspiration of life. The Arts give form to our expressions, create what we see, stimulate what we think, create our environment, design what we use, as well as stimulate creativity and change.
As individuals we all have something to contribute to the Arts. When we draw this inspiration through our national heritage and create as an expression of our own culture, insignificance is better appreciated.
Festival à la Carte is offering just such an appreciation: a multi-national, multi-dicipline gathering of the Arts with a pure intention at its core.
- Particular concern with the in sufficient education and exposure the Arts receive in general and especially in Indonesia.
- To encourage and facilitate local and international in the inter-cultural exchange and collaborations.
- To promote and foster better understanding between nations and cultures of the world in the spirit and friendship of the Olympic Games in Athens 2004
Festival à la Carte is something unique: a festival with a deep-rooted commitment in leaving behind a legacy to the Arts. The community at large will experience the benefits. The success of Festival à la Carte will depend on the level of interest and the degree of participation of those involved. By having your organization participate in Festival à la Carte you will not only gain exposure for your own objectives, aims, ideals and values, but you will also be contributing an essential social and educational service to the people. Join Festival à la Carte in helping us make this reality.
In 1999 JakArt was established as a grass-roots organization to demonstrate, expose, share, encourage and promote the Arts. The results was JakArt@2001, JakArt@2002 and JakArt@2003 an International Arts, Cultural, and Educational Festival to commemorate Jakarta’s Anniversary, in the month of June. The JakArt Festivals have hosted:
- Over 1000 events, from world-class performances & exhibitions to public art, & spontaneous expression
- In over 300 venues and locations in and around Jakarta, ranging from the conventional to the alternative
- In collaboration with over 200 government and NGO organizations & associations, foreign embassies, etc.
- Involving over 1000 enthusiastic volunteers, from all walks of life, including many artists
JakArt has attracted positive and critical attention and the interest and support of many associations and organizations including:
- City / Provincial Government of Jakarta
- The Indonesian Ministries of Culture and Tourism, Foreign Affairs and Education
- International and local media
- The endorsement of UNESCO
- And an invitation to become a founding member of the Proposed Confederation of Asia Pacific Arts Festivals (including the Macao, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, JakArt and Confederation of Australian International Arts Festivals)
In July 2003, the concept/creation “Homage to the Eternal Creativity of the Human Race”. The installation / exposition presented was a sketch of atmospheric impressions suggesting the scope and possibilities of the proposal for the creation of a traveling and fully comprehensive chronological Educational Exposition of the most important examples of art produced throughout human history around the world. From the cave dweller to the present, in the form of museum replicas in an “atmospheric” context using material from both the Tangible Heritage and National Museum in Jakarta, was officiated by the Director General of UNESCO, Mr. Koichiro Matsuura and the Indonesian Minister for Culture and Tourism, Mr. I Gede Ardika.
BDO Tanubrata, Accounting & Auditing
Masima Corporation, Communication
Farida Law Office, Advocates & Legal Consultants